News: Diving into the mega-horsepower Dodge Charger Ghoul • New Dodge Ad Showcases Fast and Furious Connection

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Classics: Carburetor Cars and Trucks Jump to new posts
Re: Uncle Tony likes the 170 scrounge June 16 8:33 PM
It reads better now. Wasn't the alternator optional in all Mopars during the 1960 model year? Or did they become standard toward the end of production? I recall reading somewhere that at least a few Imperials had them.

Other minor typos, first at the end of the Slant 6 engineering and design heading: "which turned out to be a strategic advantages." I don't think advantages should be plural. Under Oddball slants, "(in hte lab)" should be the (I see this error a lot).

And just a note: "Slant sixes are still beloved, especially in Mexico and South America" -- they're also loved in Australia.

Uncle Tony now has the Miata running with the 170 Slant 6, though another mechanical problem needs addressing. He plans to enter it in autocross.

5 414 Read More
Rumors and Commentary Jump to new posts
Re: Alpha Motors reveals Wolf electric pickup Dave June 15 7:59 PM
... and Lordstown appears to be ready for acquisition by "insert Chinese company here"
3 904 Read More
Modern Cars and Trucks Jump to new posts
Re: Price drop on minivan book, hardcover coming Dave June 14 8:55 PM
Viper book - paperback is out! With some corrections and updates thanks to Dick Winkles and Viper expert (and book writer!) Maurice Liang.

https://dave.zatz.us/viper.php
https://www.amazon.com/Dodge-Viper-...&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl
6 396 Read More
Fix it! Car and truck repairs and upgrades Jump to new posts
Re: The science behind offsetting pistons for more horsepower moparnut72 June 14 2:10 PM
I knew about this in the 70's. It was in an article about how to hop up your 273 ci small block.
kk
2 250 Read More
News, Rumors, and Commentary Jump to new posts
Re: Chip shortage Anonymous June 14 12:08 PM
It has caught up with us at work and is causing us grief. We may suffer the effects this fall if we can't find a workaround.
2 63 Read More
Classics: Carburetor Cars and Trucks Jump to new posts
Re: 1966 Barracuda video scrounge June 10 3:02 AM
The 273 was also the base V8 in the Belvedere/Satellite and Coronet models of the day. With a 2-bbl carb, it returned decent mileage for a V8.
7 761 Read More
Rumors and Commentary Jump to new posts
Re: Electric vehicles close to "tipping point" of mass adoption Anonymous June 08 8:57 PM
Reading the comments on Allpar, I find that electric cars must absolutely have the following:
* 600 mile range
* 5 minute recharging
* 20 year battery life
* No impact on the environment (no aluminum, lead, or lithium)
* Price comparable to cheapest car in the class (or in some cases, in the form factor)

What's more, electric cars will:
* Destroy the grid, which can never be updated, upgraded, or added to
* Cause electricity prices to skyrocket, because we can never add generating capacity
15 2,400 Read More
Modern Cars and Trucks Jump to new posts
Hellcat Redeye review scrounge June 07 3:42 PM
0 58 Read More
Re: JL and JT steering Dave June 04 2:39 PM
Have we heard anything more about the 2021s?
7 1,030 Read More
Stellpower Jump to new posts
Re: A request for those registering Dave June 01 7:59 PM
PS> guess what I did?
2 183 Read More
Re: Deteriorating mpg djsamuel June 01 7:24 PM
Originally Posted by scrounge
So just the head bolts, not the plenum ones? And how many and what size? Or are they sold in sets?

I've never heard of the plenum bolts needing to be replaced; but I could be wrong here.

I've always seen the head bolts sold in sets for the particular application.
16 2,092 Read More
Re: Defroster problem djsamuel June 01 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by scrounge
Before the water pump was replaced, I had to add coolant periodically. Since then, it's maintained a consistent level, at least in the overflow jug. I keep a jug of distilled water in the truck, and so far, I've yet to open it.

It looks like the dashboard has to be disconnected and pulled back before the heater core can be accessed in my truck. Everyone seems to hate the original hose clamps; I'll agree that removing them from the heater core looks challenging.

Does the a/c need to be running for the defroster to work?

When my heater core was leaking, it was large enough to fog the windows, but small enough that loss of coolant was not noticeable.

The defroster should work without the A/C but will work MUCH better with it running.
17 1,767 Read More
Re: Do I give up? TWX June 01 1:56 AM
Well I just found you again (more like again-again) today, since you posted a Youtube video today.

So no, please don't give up.
8 1,416 Read More
Re: Former UAW head to be sentenced Dave May 29 6:05 PM
Two years does seem like very little, but how much did the people who paid the bribe get?
5 641 Read More
Re: Welcome to the new forum! Dave May 19 7:59 PM
Thanks, Tony...
11 3,681 Read More
Dodge Charger Ghoul Hellcat
Diving into the mega-horsepower Dodge Charger Ghoul
Fast 9 Dodge Charger
New Dodge Ad Showcases Fast and Furious Connection

Modifications and text © 2021 Zatz LLC; eventually to be reassigned to a partnership