News: Cummins-based Rams recall gives insight into Ram sales by model • Here’s the full 2022 Mopar police line

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Fix it! Car and truck repairs and upgrades Jump to new posts
Re: Deteriorating mpg Dave October 24 2:09 PM
Glad to see you here!
20 5,009 Read More
Modern Cars and Trucks Jump to new posts
Re: 300C battery Dave October 24 2:09 PM
That's what I'd read years back - I think CR was the source, so it was a LOT of years back. I remember one of the last debacles of Cerberus was replacing the Exide batteries, which I think has long been Mopar's standby, with cheaper ones from China that were mainly DOA and caused no end of problems - along cheap cams (or was it cranks?) from Mexico or China.

Sergio Marchionne had many, many, many flaws, but I do appreciate two things he did: bringing back parts manufacturing from the extreme outsourcing Daimler prefers, and brownfield development.
6 159 Read More
News, Rumors, and Commentary Jump to new posts
Re: Rare look: Ram diesel sales, by body Dave October 24 2:07 PM
I've often wondered how all the automakers get away with that. I'd think at least they would separate pickups from chassis cabs. Stellantis never even split Voyager from Pacifica though they have different names, in theory.
6 71 Read More
Classics: Carburetor Cars and Trucks Jump to new posts
Re: The original electric minivans Dave October 23 6:38 PM
Me too, elsewhere. I'll fix it. Must have been early January.
6 55 Read More
Re: Up next: Magnesium Shortage Dave October 21 6:04 PM
“America has its own magnesium production facilities, though it gets most of its metal from China. That could allow American automakers to pursue alternative sources to keep production running. But if that solution weren’t more expensive, they’d already be doing it.

“It’s also worth noting that the globe has no shortage of magnesium. The current Chinese energy crisis means the metal is more expensive to produce than normal. But there’s plenty of it. Production could resume at a higher cost.”

In short, don’t worry too much.
1 72 Read More
Re: Texas Mopar hoard auction Dave October 19 4:40 PM
Just removed the ability to post wtihout login due to Russian abuse.
6 298 Read More
Barn Find Hunter finds a Mopar scrounge October 15 4:55 PM
He's driving a 440 Challenger in this video -- check out how fast it starts:

0 55 Read More
Re: Dodge ZD Dave October 12 4:03 PM
I have no idea regarding Abilene. You're right, I shyould mention Ramcharger and fix the typo. Thanks.
1 138 Read More
Re: Sales Anonymous October 12 2:08 AM
I’ve wondered what is doing to banks and finance companies. This kind of prolonged downturn has to be taking some toll.
6 670 Read More
Re: The Cordoba Charger scrounge October 11 7:14 PM
What you wrote is fine. I didn't notice this earlier; according to the Standard Catalog, the 1976 base and Sport Charger were based on the Coronet. But for 1975, they were Coronet coupe models (standard, Custom or Brougham). 1975 production totals weren't separated for body type, so comparisons between those coupes named Coronet and Charger can't be made. Anyway, no more Coronet Charger for 1977 is correct, though it existed for only one model year. Maybe you could add that the 1976 base and Sport model Chargers were Coronet-based, not Cordoba-based.

This also means that the 1977 production increase you reported was for the SE model only. Dodge sold another 17K+ of the Coronet-based models for 1976, bringing the total Charger production above 50K for that model year. But I question whether the Coronets should be included with the Chargers. And my statement about the 1976 prices should have reflected that the base models were Coronets, which were only slightly lower than the comparable 1975 Coronet coupes. Or completely eliminated the Coronet prices.

Speculation: I think that generation of the Charger would have been more successful had it looked like the Magnum from the start.
3 211 Read More
New Darts sold Dave October 02 7:08 PM
Three new Darts sold...

https://www.stellpower.com/news/salesprofits-2021/seems-like-you-can-still-buy-new-dodge-darts/

I'd be tempted... they were pretty good, other than the Aero. The Chrysler engines worked OK, the Fiat 1.4 was OK after 2013 with manual transmissions, and you really can't buy much these days. It's amazing how little is out there. The automakers are now listing "in transit" cars as being in local inventories.
0 114 Read More
Fix it! Car and truck repairs and upgrades Jump to new posts
Welcome to October! Dave October 01 1:57 PM
So I'm told that the solution for a LOT of the "evaporative emission systems leak" codes is replacing the little plastic gizmo that runs the test - its valve starts leaking after a while, giving false reports of leaks - so we'll try to step by step that one.
0 116 Read More
Re: New stories Dave September 30 3:31 PM
Yup, I took the story down till I find time to get the pics up!
5 475 Read More
Re: Hemmi 331-392 Dave September 28 2:57 PM
Oops. Good catch.
1 188 Read More
Re: "Breaking News" or just news? catdaddy63 September 27 6:30 PM
Dave, I agree with djsamuel. It's nice and clean the way it is and it's easy to see the fresh topics.
2 338 Read More
Stellpower Jump to new posts
Re: Future of this forum Anonymous September 26 8:06 PM
If we can get critical mass here, it would help...
10 2,023 Read More
Deteriorating mpg
by Dave - October 24 10:09 AM
300C battery
by Dave - October 24 10:09 AM
Rare look: Ram diesel sales, by body
by Dave - October 24 10:07 AM
The original electric minivans
by Dave - October 23 2:38 PM
Top Likes Received
Dave 51
2017 Ram 2500 with Cummins diesel
Cummins-based Rams recall gives insight into Ram sales by model
2022 Dodge Durango police pursuit car (squad)
Here’s the full 2022 Mopar police line

Modifications and text © 2021 Zatz LLC; eventually to be reassigned to a partnership