It’s Dodge’s “last call” for 392 and Hellcat cars, and the latest special edition celebrates a retroconcept—the original Dodge Shakedown Challenger concept shown at the 2016 SEMA show. The new special-edition 2023 Dodge Challenger Shakedown keeps the black-and-red interior and exterior, using a modern Challenger as its base.
Six special-edition Challengers and Chargers will be revealed through September 21, 2022, with the final one benig shown at the 2022 SEMA Show in Las Vegas, scheduled for Nov. 1-4, 2022.
Only 1,000 Shakedowns are planned for production: 500 Dodge Challenger Shakedown R/T Scat Pack (in Destroyer Grey) and 500 Challenger Shakedown R/T Scat Pack Widebody (in Pitch Black). They will come with content from the Plus Group, Technology Group, Navigation, Carbon/Suede, and Dynamics Package (for Challenger R/T Scat Pack).
The Dodge Challenger Shakedown includes:
- Cold-air-grabbing Mopar Shaker hood, intake, and decal
- Red “392” fender graphics
- “Shakedown” spoiler graphic and instrument panel badge
- Shakedown stripe with red accent
- Black “Challenger” grille badge
- Unique R/T grille badge
- 20-by-9.5-inch Low Gloss Black Slingshot wheels (R/T)
- 20×11 Carbon Black Warp Speed wheels (Widebody)
- Red six-piston Brembo brakes
- Premium Black Nappa/Alcantara seats with red stitching
- Red interior accent stitching on IP, console, steering wheel, seats
- Demonic Red seatbelts
Dodge Challenger Shakedown models will be allocated to specific dealerships, with pricing and dealer information shared when ordering opens later this fall. The next special edition will be revealed on August 31.