Recall Monday brought more Ford recalls than usual. Their issues include:
- Rupturing brake hoses (2013-2018 Ford Fusion/Lincoln MKZ)
- Steering wheel lockup while driving (2022-23 Bronco)
- Failing wipers (2021 F-150)
- Rear caliper bolts (2022 F-53 and F-59)
- Rear cameras (2021-22 Bronco)
- Trailer lights not working (2023 Maverick)
Rivian had a single recall on the 2022-23 R1S for improperly secured side curtain airbags. Rivian’s been delivering a decent volume of vans to Amazon, but its retail customers are still facing long, long waiting times.
Other retail-auto recalls were issued by Bentley (seat airbag tears) and Honda (non-latching seat belts on numerous 2017-20 models). That said, last week was clearly Ford’s time to not shine in the recall world.